2. User License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of any downloadable materials on the CEI website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. The participant will NOT be provided with an advance copy or collated copy of the lecture notes. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may NOT:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the School’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or 'mirror' the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by CEI at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Only the listed enrollee is allowed to view the lectures. Any irregularities observed at a particular time will result to forfeiture of the enrollment without prior notice.
- Recording of the lectures by any means is not allowed. Any irregularities observed will result to forfeiture of the enrollment without prior notice.
- Upon completion of the enrolled course, lecture notes can no longer be accessed/downloaded. The participants are encouraged to download the notes and use them while the lectures are on going. The CE Institute PH shall not be responsible for the participant's failure to acquire them.
The materials on the CEI website are provided 'as is'. The CEI makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the CE Institute PH does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the CEI be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the CEI website, even if the CEI or an authorized of the CEI has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Limitations to the Lectures and Discussions with the Lecturer
Be informed that CEI is not a University. CEI lectures and discussions are not always specific to topics or principles that are being taught in regular schools. CEI lecturers will not discuss the derivation of formulas but will discuss how to use them. We are a learning center where the lecturers talk about practical discussions on the topic and personal experiences in Civil Engineering Industry.
CEI hopes that the participant would be respectful and polite to the lecturers so as to create a harmonious relationship and engaging discussions between the lecturers, participants, and the company.
Engaging comments may be written on the comment section of each lecture. It will be approved to show to the class, as deemed by the lecturer, if the said comments are engaging and would create good discussions. Comments on the lecturers, his methods, and other related concerns shall be sent to the lecturer, himself/herself.
Comments, critics and assertive reactions that will be told to the lecturers shall be created with constructive criticisms. Aggressive actions or rudeness of the participant to the lecturers, deemed by the concerned lecturer or the company, will not be entertained/allowed.
- Positive Delivery. Feedback shouldn’t just focus on areas of improvement. Consider integrating a few admirable elements that you observed and tie this into a much broader plan for growth. Reinforcing good work and practice helps in establishing a trusting relationship that will strengthen the feedback loop over time. Positive delivery also paves the way for the recipient to respond or ask questions to what you have said creating a positive feedback loop.
- Practical and Specific. Know the difference between Descriptive or Prescriptive Feedback. The goal is to help us improve our service. Aligning to learning criteria, standards, skills, or competencies can provide the specificity that many people yearn for when it comes to feedback.
- Timely. As soon as you have your comments, please tell us about them. The more time that goes by the feedback that could have really made an impact will not be valued as much, if at all.
- Consistency. If delivery of feedback is grounded in the first three points then consistency creates a culture committed to support, growth, empathy, and relationship building.
- Use of the Right Medium. Kindly email to us your feedback, not on the comment section. Remember, feedback is very different from criticism.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the CEI website may include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The CEI does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. The CEI may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. CEI does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The CEI has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the CEI of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the CEI website shall be governed by the laws of the CEI Owner’s home jurisdiction (Philippines) without regard to its conflict of law provisions.